A plastic colorant that is well dispersed with a high proportion of pigments or additives and thermoplastic resins. The selected resin has a good wetting and dispersing effect on the colorant, and has good compatibility with the material to be colored. That is: pigment + carrier + additive = masterbatch
The color material is used in the molding process after the natural color resin and the colorant are mixed, kneaded, and granulated into colored plastics. Dry powder coloring: the powder colorant is evenly mixed with the natural color resin and directly used to make plastic products. Masterbatch coloring is the most commonly used plastic coloring method today. The colorant dispersed in the carrier is simply mixed with the natural color resin and used to make plastic products.
Advantages of masterbatch
1. Make the pigment have better dispersion in the product
During the production of color masterbatches, the pigments must be refined to improve the dispersibility and tinting strength of the pigments. The carrier of the special color masterbatch is the same as the plastic of the product, and has good matching. After heating and melting, the pigment particles can be well dispersed in the plastic of the product.
2. It is beneficial to maintain the chemical stability of the pigment
If the pigment is used directly, the pigment will absorb water and oxidize due to the direct contact with the air during storage and use, and after it is made into a color masterbatch, the quality of the pigment can be maintained for a long time because the resin carrier isolates the pigment from air and moisture. Change.
3. Ensure the stability of product color
The color masterbatch is similar to the resin granules, which is more convenient and accurate in metering. It will not adhere to the container when mixed, and the mixing with the resin is relatively uniform, so it can ensure the stability of the added amount, so as to ensure the stability of the color of the product.
4. Protect the health of the operator
Pigments are generally in the form of powders, which are easy to fly when added and mixed, and will affect the health of operators after being inhaled by the human body.
5. Keep the environment clean
6. Easy to use
The commonly used color masterbatch technology is wet process. The color masterbatch is made by water phase grinding, phase inversion, water washing, drying, and granulation. Only in this way can the product quality be guaranteed. In addition, while the pigment is being ground, a series of color masterbatch technical tests should be carried out, such as measuring the fineness of the sand grinding slurry, measuring the diffusion performance of the sand grinding slurry, measuring the solid content of the sand grinding slurry, and measuring the fineness of the color paste, etc. project.
Color masterbatch is generally composed of three parts, colorant carrier dispersant, mixed by high-speed mixer, crushed, extruded and pulled into granules, color masterbatch has high concentration, good dispersibility, clean and other significant advantages.
The classification methods of color masterbatches are commonly used in the following categories:
Classified by carrier: such as PE masterbatch, PP masterbatch, ABS masterbatch, PVC masterbatch, EVA masterbatch, etc.
Classification by use: such as injection masterbatch, blow molding masterbatch, spinning masterbatch, etc. Each variety can be divided into different grades, such as:
1. Advanced injection masterbatch: used for cosmetic packaging boxes, toys, electrical shells and other high-end products.
2. Ordinary injection masterbatch: used for general daily plastic products, industrial containers, etc.
3. Advanced blown film color masterbatch: used for blow molding coloring of ultra-thin products.
4. Ordinary blown film color masterbatch: used for blow molding coloring of general packaging bags and woven bags.
5. Spinning masterbatch: used for spinning and coloring of textile fibers. The masterbatch pigment has fine particles, high concentration, strong tinting strength, good heat resistance and light resistance.
Post time: Jul-15-2023